A torque wrench is sometimes not enough when dealing with carbon parts, especially when those parts refuse to stay fixed respecting the recommended torque values.
Carbogrip is the perfect complement to Giustaforza torque wrench.
It is basically a special high-molecular weight silicone resin that, sprayed on a bicycle part before assembling it, polymerizes (in a time ranging from 3 to 5 minutes) into a grippy surface with the following characteristics:
- prevents part slippage and the dangerous, normal reaction when a seatpost or handlebar slip at the recommended torque value: overtorqueing the bolts!
- facilitates clamping of smooth carbon parts (handlebars, seatposts, aerobar extensions..)
- the polymer also has anti-seize properties, allowing an easy component removal when needed
- works great as threadlock (steel, titanium, aluminum, carbon bolts)
- very easy to use: no need for brushes as with other assembly pastes/liquids
- ideal for mountain-bike grips: sprayed inside the grips it allows the grips to easily slide onto the handlebar when mounting, locking them in place when the resin polymerizes. The grips can then be removed blowing air inside them with a compressor, or with other procedures normally used to remove grips
- can be easily removed with Carbomove or other petrol-based solvents
- available in 75ml bottle size
Instructions for use:
- Carefully clean/degrease the mounting surfaces. Seatpost: remove grease traces inside the seat-tube too
- spray Carbogrip on the component and immediately mount it
- tighten the mounting bolts to the suggested torque value
- wait 5 minutes before using the component
- unwanted Carbogrip traces can be removed with Carbomove or other petrol-based solvents
TIP: if not using Carbogrip frequently, the resin could set inside the nozzle and block it. A droplet of Carbomove or other petrol-based solvents inside the nozzle will restore its fuctionality.
- Please follow carefully the instructions for use. Failure to follow them can result in slippage of the component, potentially causing a loss of control of the bicycle and serious injuries.
- Please check with the component maker if he allows the use of mounting liquids/compounds. If not, and if you decide to use Carbogrip anyway, Effetto Mariposa cannot be considered liable and responsible for any and all damages, of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of or in connection with the use of Carbogrip. For further information or in case of doubt, please contact the part maker directly.
EAN barcode: 7640164680019